market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 131, Issue 4

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Gary Brever <gjbrever AT midwestinfo.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 131, Issue 4
  • Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 16:24:50 -0600

Quite frankly I'm not sure how a farm operation could possibly have the time to punch in all the daily activities involved in AG Squared.  I like to do all my planning in the winter time...I can easily make changes year to year in my Excel spread sheets and then use these spreadsheets as my guide.  The idea of an ag squared format has been appealing (because I would love for our workers to have more of an interactive program with maps that Ag squared provides). However, each time I sit down with it I'm hit with disappointment at cumbersome the program is to enter plans.
It's intended to track day to day activities.  During the season I quite frankly can scribble down notes on a notebook and have it be more useful to me and take a whole lot less time.

  • Re: [Market-farming] Market-farming Digest, Vol 131, Issue 4, Gary Brever, 12/05/2013