market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] farmstand potato packaging

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Etienne Goyer <etienne AT lejardinduvillage.ca>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] farmstand potato packaging
  • Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 09:27:27 -0400

We sell our new potatoes (I do not do storage yet) within a day or two
of picking them. So, I would be of much help to Beth.

However, I have a tangential question. We grow in a clay loam that
tends to stick to tubers. We try to pick only when the soil get fairly
dry so as to avoid that, but that is not always possible. I do not like
washing, as it tends to damage the skin. Are people washing new
potatoes? If so, how?