market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] How to organically prevent development of an Algal mat on soilless mix in the greenhouse

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sean Albiston <lab AT physics.umn.edu>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] How to organically prevent development of an Algal mat on soilless mix in the greenhouse
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 21:45:23 -0500

You should be able to control the problem by letting the mix dry out more
between watering and increasing circulation. Also, watering trays from the
bottom helps.

Watering with a dilution of hydrogen peroxide will help clear it up too, i'd
talk with your certifier to see if they consider that NOP compliant. You can
use it as a cleaner, not sure about used in this manner.

Sean