market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Entrust

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Entrust
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 12:18:29 -0400

The one pound would go a very long way.

The problem is that the manufacturer is not producing a formulation labeled for commercial use that's intended for small growers, and also is not selling small quantities even of the formulation they do have. They don't seem to be interested in that market; even though there are a lot of small producers -- even ten acres is a huge amount when you're talking about direct market or fresh produce to restaurant sales -- so the market I think is large even though the individual operations are small.

I gather that in addition to investing in the Entrust I'd also need to invest in a good gram scale. Generally even when I do need to apply an insecticide I don't need even five gallons of mix, so I guess I'd be measuring out fractions of a gram.