market-farming - [Market-farming] alfalfa mentor??

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Kakerby <kakerby AT aol.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] alfalfa mentor??
  • Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 15:46:36 -0400 (EDT)

One more question and then I go out into the rain without adequate rain gear.  One of our plans this summer is to clear off some of our perennial, native grass hayfield, and get a small just-for-us planting of alfalfa.  It'll be no more than two acres in size.  I have been gathering various PDFs about planting alfalfa, particularly for certified organic operations.  But I'd love to know if anyone on the list is growing alfalfa and would care to serve as a mentor.  The nearest folks I know of growing alfalfa organically, are several hours away by driving.  While I plan to go visit their farm if they care to show me what they have, I'd like to have someone or several someones available via email for nitty-gritty how-to and what-about questions.  Thanks all.
Kathryn Kerby, who has now run out of excuses for avoiding her outdoor work today
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA