market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Alan Chadwick book from Logosophia: Performance In the Garden

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wyatt Jones" <wyatt_jones AT netzero.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Alan Chadwick book from Logosophia: Performance In the Garden
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 10:33:55 -0500

I'll have to check that out.  I've been very impressed by Alan Chadwick, not so much with Rudolph Steiner though. I've read a LOT of his books, he seems pretty arrogant to me.  The agricultural ones were interesting but the tone was far too arrogant and dictatorial and not very informative as to how to use the information in an adaptive way.  Some of the practices seem more like religious rites and I never really got a good explanation, as to why the practices work or not, in fact I got a refusal to even address why it would work, only that its supposed to work,  like the manure or silca in the cow horn business.  I've also read some of his more occult books, again interesting but not very convincing.  His attitude toward race is particularly disturbing.  Some of my experiences with the Boidynamics people also have been very good but a lot of them very bad.  Seems a lot of them look at Rudolph Steiner as some sort of god and many of them treat biodynamics as some sort of religion, not open to any sort of questioning, a lot of them literally showed me the door when I started asking questions about the mechanics and  scientific nuts and bolts of their assertions.  Don't even think about talking eastern philosophy to them , I practically got lyched doing that LOL.  Don't get me wrong, I think there is an underlying basis for a lot of what is taught, like the adding of herbs and other components to compost for various problems, but the attitude of most the people I had experience with was a little too much like very religious stuborn blind faith and a clan mentality which usually clashed with my attitude of inclusive consideration of possibilities but also of critical thinking.  That said I don't believe in throwing the baby out with the bathwater.  Biodynamics would be a lot more helpful without the smoke and mirrors routine.

Sorry for the rant, sorta been through a lot on this subject.

How to Sleep Like a Rock
peaklife.com