market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Please sign petition to save bees

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Please sign petition to save bees
  • Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2013 07:24:57 -0500

As a beekeeper with nearly 100 hives I won't because I, in part, fear farmers returning to the old chemical applications that fell out of use because of the safer applications.  THere is zero peer reviewed science yet that reproduce field conditions that prove these pesticides are the cause for CCD.  Do they kill bees, you betcha, especially when used improperly, or in the case of the big German die off, improperly mixed with the seed coating and then air seeded in larger quantities.

I think this article takes a more even handed look at the issue.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855