market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Containers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rob Wallbridge" <rob AT songberry.ca>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Containers
  • Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 21:38:54 -0400

Hi Roy,

I’d second the fiber pak containers – cheap, biodegradable, and readily available. For portability, I’ve seen people put a cellulose wrapper over them secured with an elastic, but I find a pint slides nicely into a paper lunch bag which is secure and easy to carry (though not as showy). I’ve worked with the PLA “biodegradable/compostable” bio-plastic containers, but as much as I like the concept, the current reality is that our local municipalities don’t accept them for recycling OR composting (hello landfill), they are quite expensive, and any exposure to heat or direct sunlight makes them deform and fuse together into a useless lump.

Hope this helps,

Rob

Rob Wallbridge

Songberry Organic Farm