market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] hardiness of cabbage, garlic?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] hardiness of cabbage, garlic?
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 13:28:02 -0400

I'm not sure about the cabbage, as I don't grow this for very early season and mine is still very tiny transplants, which I try not to let freeze (they'll be hauled back in from the unheated greenhouse tonight.)

But I wouldn't worry about the garlic; it should be fine. I've never row covered it; it always comes up through the straw shortly after the ground thaws in the spring (not that the ground was frozen this spring in the first place . . . ) and I've never seed cold damage on it, though cold weather does slow down growth.