market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Glyphosate now nutsedge

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Shoemaker, William H" <wshoemak AT illinois.edu>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Glyphosate now nutsedge
  • Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2012 16:51:03 +0000

Pemit has the same active ingredient as Sandea, but it is labeled only for
agronomic crops. Sandea performs similarly but has a label for quite few
vegetable crops. Perhaps its biggest drawback is that the plant-back interval
is quite long for some crops, like onions, which I think is 36 months. But it
is very effective on nutsedge. Don't know about morning glory.

Bill
William H. Shoemaker
University of Illinois, Crop Sciences
St Charles Horticulture Research Center