market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Crop planning software

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Crop planning software
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 16:05:08 -0500

The crop planning spreadsheets from Brookfield Farm (http://brookfield.rvtc.us/crop%20planning%20spreadsheets) are excellent for a CSA farm.  Have formulae imbedded across worksheets.  It is based on how much of what a share gets which week.  Can still be used with a market (easily with just a market instead of CSA) – have to either change the amount wanted that the spreadsheet calculates or figure an equivalent number of shares for markets. Or assume the extra 20% built in for safety is what goes to market.

I am trying AgSquared and like it, but still am using some of the Brookfield to generate info for AgSquared.  What I like about AgSquared will be ease of keeping up with work and harvest info, and a more complete to do list.

Beth Spaugh

Rehoboth Homestead, Peru NY

http://rhomestead.com      http://www.facebook.com/rhomestead

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." - Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe