market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] cleaning pots and trays

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] cleaning pots and trays
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2012 22:21:54 -0500

Are you using a sterilized potting mix, or a live compost based mix? If the latter, you might be able to do what I do, which is just wash them out well with plain water and not worry about trying to sterilize the pots; the beneficials will probably take care of any of the problems (presuming it's a good healthy soil mix, that is.) If you're using a sterile mix, then I think you might have to sterilize the pots.