market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] soil mix for speedling flats

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: John Ehrlich <johnkaty AT shaw.ca>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] soil mix for speedling flats
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 19:12:43 -0800

Thanks for those, but I am looking for something a little more specific to the styrofoam trays

On 2012-01-13, at 6:45 PM, Cary Peterson wrote:

We have had very good results springboarding from Coleman's recipe and using coir fiber instead of peat moss. We did mixtures with differing amounts of coir, garden compost, leaf mould, vermicastings, sand and perlite, and used this home-made potting soil with soil blocks for starts. Had great results consistently. Found the mixture recipe to be very forgiving of variation.

Cary Peterson
Good Cheer Food Bank Garden Coordinator
http://goodcheergarden.wordpress.com/