market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Another on sweet corn!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <artisanfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Another on sweet corn!
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2012 21:39:08 -0500

Kurt,

I've done one seed per cell.  The corn grows so fast that the single plant pretty much fills the cell at 2 1/2 weeks.  With the Rotary One, I am setting at ~60/minute.  I have the Rotary One mounted on an offset hitch so that I can go down and back on my tire tracks and put the corn in on 30" row spacings with ~12" between the plants.  I've tried a tighter in-row spacing, but it didn't work well with the 30" between row spacing.

Andy