market-farming - [Market-farming] CSA Software

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Dalew Farms" <dalew AT phonenet.ca>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] CSA Software
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 19:01:17 -0500

Hi Folks,

On our farm, we're getting into full blown winter planning season! I was hoping that anyone who has used CSA Software in the past year could share their experiences, good, bad, or otherwise!

We are almost for sure going to sign up. (I've been trying to convince my wife that it can help to make her life a little easier, as she handles CSA signups, as well as emailed orders for all the extra orders from a system similar to Salatin's metropolitan buying clubs.) I'm very interested in hearing if you think the cost was worth it, and the pros or cons of the specific software you used.

I'm aware of Farmigo, Member Assembler, and CSAware. If there are any others out there, I'd like to hear about them. Also for the other Canadians on this list, just wondering if any of you have ran into any problems because of operating on the other side of the border!?

Thanks,

Dave

PS - There was a great article in the January 2011 issue of Growing For Market that originally made me aware that CSA software even existed!