market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] transplanters

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <artisanfarms AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] transplanters
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 15:59:01 -0500

I have  Holland and  Mechanical Transplanter finger styles that I use for strawberries and a Holland Rotary One that I use for squash, tomatoes, peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, celeriac, tomatillos, and a few other vegetables.

For bare root transplants like strawberries the finger transplanter does a real good job.  For everything else, I prefer the rotary style.  It is easier to set up, easier to operate and doesn't require as much skill on the part of the operator.

Andy