market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Basement washing and storage facilities--what to include?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jay Sleichter <jaysleichter AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Basement washing and storage facilities--what to include?
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 12:13:39 -0700 (PDT)

I have a walk out basement too. It is so nice to load and unload and not have to carry it far.  I wish we had a coolbot. Instead we have several fridges.  We do have a cool storage area.  I have a large stainless steel wash sink to wash veggies in, when we get it hooked up.

If you get some plans, let us know I would like to finish it off to better serve it's purpose.

Currently we have 1500 pounds plus of winter squash, and 450 pounds of sweet potatoes in the storage area.  I hope we can sell the squash soon!

Jay

Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com