market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Frost Damaged Sweet Potato Vines

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Frost Damaged Sweet Potato Vines
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 21:16:20 -0400

If the weather warms back up so the ground will stay fairly warm, you have a few days, at any rate. But they won't keep if the ground gets too cold. Get them out of there before the soil temperatures drop. I have harvested them several days after the frost killed the vines, though, and not had problems, as long as soil stayed fairly warm.