market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] 2 garlic questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] 2 garlic questions
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 11:46:41 -0400

That might explain it. Maybe they don't green as long as enough skin is intact.

I have had cloves start to separate out from the bulb, but still keep skin on the individual cloves. I think if the surface of the clove itself is exposed I generally don't expect it to store anyway; so might not have been keeping such cloves any length of time where they might show the greening.