market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] NRCS high tunnels $$$

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Todd Lister <toddlister1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: thamnophis AT gmail.com, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] NRCS high tunnels $$$
  • Date: Mon, 5 Sep 2011 10:06:33 -0400

Joe,
You are so right. My house went up the last week of September '10 and I lost my first zipper by Thanksgiving and this is not a high wind area. In fact it was not even wind but simple use. Not their best feature.
I am not saying FT is the best choice but was addressing the NRCS issue. I guess the bootom line is I am very greatful for a free 72x30 with roll-up sides that I was paid to constuct and recieve for free. I worked my but off over the last few years to find and retrieve a few big houses from defunct nurseries and they are  as nice save the roll-ups.
I have never gotten gov help on anything and with the bank bailouts etc I am in full support of tax $ going to support small ag.
I will say that the pipe size, connections, and roll-ups are worthy and I'm just grateful to have the thing. It has trulu effected my bottom line this year.
On a different note, I am amazed how un-organized this program has been w/regards to this reporting plan. I have asked my agent repeatedly for dates and format specs for the report and gotten nothing. I do belive he has done a good job but is having trouble getting the straight scoop from above. I have kept a pretty good log to date and am wondering what next since it has now been a year and my understanding is we are required to produce three annual reports.?????????????????????? Not surprised. This program comes out of DC.
Take care,
Todd
Vesta Ga