market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] NRCS high tunnels $$$

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Thamnophis <thamnophis AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] NRCS high tunnels $$$
  • Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2011 21:06:24 -0500

I don't think its a national rule. In Iowa I think the most they will
pay is $2.25 per sq ft and then only if you qualify as a "beginning
farmer". You also must buy a kit here, including plastic, end-walls,
etc. You can not buy the pieces and put them together.

If your office doesn't pay for plastic, end-walls etc they are either
misreading the rules or the rules are very different from state to
state.

Joe
Boone County, IA