market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Crows and other birds...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: John Ferree <john AT seldomseenfarm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Crows and other birds...
  • Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2011 05:54:04 -0400

Thanks for the suggestions. . . that is actually what I did prior to emailing - even if it took three hours to get one crow.  They are certainly still around, but we're carrying a shotgun in the harvest truck and regularly blasting at them to let them know there is hunting pressure.  Can't tell if we're having an affect yet.  It does seem like crows are going into an odd scavenging mode around here.  We haven't had rain for a month and it's been 90+ most days.  Deer are moving in as water dries up. . . and we're got a few potholes in the creek that are still holding water.  My guess is we'll be taking more damage from wildlife than most years since row crops went in soooo late and have not developed anything edible for lack of water.

John
--
Seldom Seen Farm
Danville, IN

  • Re: [Market-farming] Crows and other birds..., John Ferree, 08/02/2011