market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Injecting Winter and Summer Squash with Bt

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Etienne Goyer <etienne.goyer AT outlands.ca>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Injecting Winter and Summer Squash with Bt
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 12:13:47 -0400

On 11-07-28 11:01 AM, pureprairiefarm AT gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks Etienne, good information.
>
> What does boron toxicity look like?

Varies a lot by species, and I could not tell anyway. You can search
Google for pictures.

I would like to correct something I wrote earlier: I used 0.0001%
concentration of boron per volume of water. More precisely, I used 15ml
of 10% boron solution in 15l of water. The 15l in my backpack sprayer
was enough to do 400' of bed for me. That's a very small application
rate (quick napkin calculation tells me it's less than 0.1 kg/ha).

Again, I would like to stress that you should not supplement boron
unless it is found deficient by a soil test.