market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] E&R seed

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] E&R seed
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2011 09:39:19 -0400

Interesting. I've had an occasional poor germination problem from them but only rarely (and I've had an occasional poor germination problem from Johnny's, also, as well as from other suppliers.) I've never had a billing problem; have only had substitutions when I forgot to ask them not to substitute; and have had good response by mail for customer service, and sometimes by phone once I got the right number. I don't order from them if I'm in a hurry for something, but otherwise would have recommended them.

E&R I think are Amish, and the people providing the credit card service and the phone line connected with the credit card service are not, I don't believe, part of the company. I would recommend writing to E&R directly about the problems -- though if you got a letter from them it sounds as if you may have done so? When I wrote or called the warehouse about a problem I certainly didn't get a letter bragging about how everything did so well. I wonder whether there are different people also within the company doing customer service and only some of them are good at it?

I hope there hasn't been a recent change for the worse in who's handling what.