market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] pruning cukes--pro and con

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "MAsteveINE" <MAsteveINE AT 207me.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] pruning cukes--pro and con
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 09:08:41 -0400

When I was selling to supers Carmen ruled here, but for just us and the stockholders

I am avoiding 50 cent each seeds! At the moment the parthenocarpics in the greenhouse are

Sweet Success, Telegraph and Diva while the male flower types, Marketmore and National

areisolated  well up the hill.

 It is a first time for Telegraph and the first few fruits looked and tasted very well, we

shall see how long they keep doing it.

I find I like tomato clips for starting at the bottom of both crops but ,(a job well done from my

seat on wheels from HF)  for tomatoes thatsenough just string around stem all the way,

but in the cukes those clips help a lot especially

if I get a few day behind and have to deal with a brittle stem.

MAsteveINE