market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] wholesale questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] wholesale questions
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2011 09:45:19 -0400

On Jun 17, 2011, at 8:48 AM, Etienne Goyer wrote:

Google Doc. It's a
web-based office suite that includes a basic but functional spreadsheet.
The big gain for your workflow here is that you will not have to bounce
the speadsheet files around, as you access them through the web.

The big potential disadvantage, of course, is that if for any reason you can't get at the web, you can't get at your files, either. And, if something goes seriously wrong at the hosting site, you may never see them again.

I'd recommend at least doing frequent backups to something you store offline. As I've never tried Google Doc, I don't know whether that's easy to do.

(Of course, if you're keeping all your records in your individual computer, that also needs frequent backups, preferably to something stored off site, or possibly online. Belt and suspenders, for anything that's going to cause you massive problems if {when} something goes wrong.)

-- Rivka; Finger Lakes NY, Zone 5 mostly Fresh-market organic produce, small scale