market-farming - [Market-farming] Market Prices/Farmers Markets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Market Prices/Farmers Markets
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2011 13:49:45 EDT

So many of these Markets are run by management companies and they are only interested in selling market spaces and really nothing else is a concern of theirs, but we lost at least 4 produce vendors because of the fact we shouldn't be looked at as their mornings entertainment for the morning, we have products to sell, not just something to do on Saturday morning while we walk our dog and drink our designer coffee.  Our market lost two really good vendors with great produce this year because of cheap prices and the difference in the attitude of the customers.

Phil from Iowa