market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bolting Onion Sets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: pech <pech9 AT rocketmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bolting Onion Sets
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 09:45:52 -0700 (PDT)

My onions bolted this year for the 1st time....I was cutting them off until I ate one, what a treat! This week I gave out "onion scapes" that went over well with my CSA

I would wait a week and cut them next week to give out in your CSA. I left a bunch out on the counter in the house for 2 weeks and they where still good.
My Broccoli bolted this spring and so did the arugula.....so far my Cauliflower is looking good, just starting to head up....

Have Fun
Dave z6a