market-farming - [Market-farming] Bearing Failure on 18inch Tool-bar Disk

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <allan.balliett AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Bearing Failure on 18inch Tool-bar Disk
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 18:02:39 -0400

Sorry I haven't been around much.

Busy.

Or busy waiting to be busy (lots of rain)

I just had the bearing go out on an 18inch tool bar disk I bought from
Market Farm Implement a couple years back. Not much time on it, that's
fer sure, but that's not why I'm posting.

The bearing is in a flange that connects to the disk by 4 bolts
through the disk. A threaded rod comes out of the center of the
bearing for fastening to the tool bar 'arm.'

This failure just occurred.

If I have to, I'll call Market Farm Implement tomorrow but I'm
wondering if anyone knows if this is the sort of part I might source
locally. (Tractor Supply?? john Deere?)

The flange with bearing and stud seems like it may have many used on
many implements.

But I just don't know.

Also, can someone recommend an alternative supplier for tool bar parts
and accessories?

Thanks

-Allan in WV