market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Leaking hose

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pam Twin Oaks <pam AT twinoaks.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Leaking hose
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2011 09:33:16 -0400

Marty, have you checked the washer inside the female end? I find they get compressed after a while of use, and need to be replaced. Sometimes just flipping them over works. I even think sometimes the plastic kind recovers after a long rest in a box on the shelf! I usually carry a spare washer in my pocket all through the irrigation season.  And sometimes, washers mysteriously disappear completely, and then the hose really leaks!

I ditto what people say about good hoses. I recommend the Gilmour Lifetime warranty ones. I think the warranty is for domestic use, not commercial use, but they're very good.

Pam, Twin Oaks, Virginia, where it's still too wet to think much about hoses.