market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] The Health Department at the Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Agraria Farm <agrariafarm AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] The Health Department at the Market
  • Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 09:44:27 -0400

One more thing - according to the ServSafe certification program - eggs can
be stored at 45 degrees - so by asking for 42 at market they're adjusting
that for opening of the cooler or whatever and temperatures fluctuations. But
all food certifiers know that the limit for eggs is 45 degrees.

If you have a process of checking - and maybe keeping a log (!) for each day
- can't imagine that doesn't fly. Also inspectors do vary - maybe the next
one will be more flexible.

Barbara Marsilius Link
Agraria Farm