market-farming - [Market-farming] Animal and neighbor problems

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wyatt Jones" <wyatt_jones AT netzero.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Animal and neighbor problems
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 20:54:32 -0400

I'm not sure this is the right place to mention this but I'm getting really frustrated with my neighbors and their animals.  I've had quite a few problems with people letting their dogs run loose but recently a man moved into a property adjoining mine and I've had a few problems with him.  His dogs have gotten loose a few times and though they didn't cause a lot of damage I had to talk to him about it.  then he had some people working for him that took down part of my fence and I had to go talk to him.  Then he got pigs and they are always getting out.  I've talked to him about it but today I had to chase them off my property and, instead of calling the sheriff like I felt like doing I went down to talk to him, basically to tell him he had to do something about them but he blew up at me and threatened to "punch me out".  The only answer I got from him is "they're pigs, how am I going to keep them in?"    Its early in the season so I haven't had any real damage from them but you know how pigs are, I can't have them destroying months of work just because he can't control his animals.

The neighbor on the other side of me took down part of my fence a while back without talking to me and he is a township trustee.  When I talked to him he was very hostile but I stood my ground and told him he just can't do that without my consent.  He was my propane vendor but after that he won't return my calls when I try to get propane so I have to get another source and replace the tanks.  I still keep finding his trucks parked on my property and he seems to think my lane is his private backdoor driveway.  I try to get along with people but I'm at a loss here.  It seems I'm going to have to start getting the law involved when this stuff happens as they don't seem to respect my rights.  I don't know, maybe I'm not diplomatic enough or something but this stuff seems like just a lack common respect for the rights of others.  I really hate having to get nasty about this stuff but I guess I have to.  I'd really like to be able to get along with the people around me.  A new fence would help I guess but that's a lot of fence and I can't afford it right now.

Anyway, any suggestions?

Sorry to vent, this stuff along with the problems my fathers estate are causing me are frustrating the heck out of me.  And then there is this woman stalking me but that's another story.  Not the best year so far LOL.

Wyatt Jones

Jamestown, Ohio

$500k in Life Insurance
Rates as low as $6 and same-day coverage if qualified. Inquire now!
usacoverage.com