market-farming - [Market-farming] rain suits

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Beth Spaugh" <lists AT rhomestead.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] rain suits
  • Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 21:22:22 -0400

Here is the info from Ann Schauman:

Last yr I order a pr of Frogg Toggs, which construction workers and linemen wear.  Got a men's small for me. The jacket was a bit tighter than I would have liked, and the zipper ended up breaking by fall.  Still there were snaps so I continued to use it...and use it I did! Frogg Toggs are incredible!  Made out of the same stuff Wegmans shopping bags are made out of...well the black ones, ie.  They are light weight and STURDY!  No rips or tears in mine and I used it alot.  It never soaked through even if I was out in the rain all day.  Dried fast and they are washable too.  You can find them online and sometimes Sierra Trading has deals on them.  I paid about $20 for a new complete rainsuit for this yr at Sierra Trading.  There are womens and mens sizes at Frogg Toggs.    I don't think they come in bibs tho... only pants and a jacket.  Check them out!

So I went to their website. There are rain suits. I did find some bibbies, but they come with jackets, $50. http://www.froggtoggsoutlet.com/frtoproanbsu.html

I emailed them asking about just bibbies.

So I checked the Gemplers site.  Guess the Frogg Toggs price isn't so bad afterall:  http://www.gemplers.com/rain-bibs

The http://www.gemplers.com/product/127679/Helly-Hansen-A-Series-Rain-Bibs#TAB-REVIEWS is $31 when you buy 3 or more and has 2 good reviews saying they were purchased for crews and have lasted.  But still,  $31/person is a lot for a veg crew.

Beth Spaugh
Rehoboth Homestead, Peru, NY
Farm Fresh Food Club CSA - http://rhomestead.com
Become a Fan on Facebook

Garden fresh vegetables, organically grown, and pastured chicken, duck, and geese

"How we eat determines, to a considerable extent, how the world is used." - Wendell Berry

"Without power over our food, any notion of democracy is empty." - Frances Moore Lappe