market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Onions grown from bulbs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Richard Stewart <rstewart AT zoomtown.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Onions grown from bulbs
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 09:49:05 -0500

We grow from nothing but sets and we experienced the same thing in the same exact weather conditions.  Now we use them for quick turn around green onions for bunching.  And just grow yellows which are better for us in terms of maturing, digging mechanically, drying, and long term storage.

Richard Stewart
Carriage House Farm
North Bend, Ohio

An Ohio Century Farm Est. 1855