market-farming - [Market-farming] I dream of Alice

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: moon AT ceva.net
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] I dream of Alice
  • Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 11:34:16 -0600

Calling all Alice G lovers,
I've been styling new shoes, sweepers, cultivators for my 62 yr old #1 farm helper. I would much appreciate any photos,dialog, sites etc. I have her set up for a 5' wheelbase to straddle 2 rows, chging to 3 for carrots, etc.
I was thinking of modifying 2- 14' row of spider wheels to fit btw plants. found some at:

http://www.agrisupply.com/category.asp_Q_ipp_E_0499_A_t_E_c_A_sb_E_0_A_action_E_showall_A_c_E_4500033

Yes cheaper but as efficient as Bezzerides,knives and spring hoes ala Market farm Implement fm Pa.? Then a simple sweep behind the rear wheel? Or must I have an arsenal of parts for each planting like seed wheels? t

Thanks, Ann, Va. zone7 lotsa weeds here.