market-farming - [Market-farming] Greenhouse heating

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Jason Bomkamp <grt4kids AT hughes.net>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Greenhouse heating
  • Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 12:56:11 -0600

I experimented with in floor heat this past fall. I used 1/2 inch pex tubing at 10" spacing throughout the floor. I had 2" polystyrene under it and 6" of sand over that. My water temp was around 140 degrees. My results were very disappointing though. My tomatoes froze last fall when it got down to around 20 outside, I was hoping for better results. If someone knows some tricks to this I'm all ears.