market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Stand-n-plant

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Susan Ventura" <sue AT dragonfly-farms.com>
  • To: <gofish54 AT centurytel.net>, "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Stand-n-plant
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 12:12:16 -0500

Onion plants work very well as long as the roots have been trimmed and are free of soil.  I grow my own from seed so we pull out the plants from the tray, knock off the soil and trim the roots first.  Tops should also be trimmed to about 4”.   I’ve planted many thousands in a day including trimming time.  I also bought some onion plants last year and those come already trimmed so those went pretty easy and fast.