market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] hello? (conference meetups)

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] hello? (conference meetups)
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2011 19:57:16 -0500

On Jan 23, 2011, at 7:33 PM, Deb Taft wrote:

Hey Rivka!

It was great to put a face with your name at NOFA this weekend!  I meant every word I said about your contribution to this list.

It might be nice to have Market-Farming list shared meals at conferences.  I feel great affection and appreciation for y'all and would really enjoy meeting more of you in person.  I was a little stunned when I saw "Rivka" on a nametag --who else could it be!?!  It definitely warmed up an already warm weekend.

Best,
Deb Taft
Mobius Fields
Sleepy Hollow NY

Thanks, Deb! It was really great for me to meet you (and a couple of others) In Real Life also.

A Market-farming lunch or dinner table at the NOFA conference next year sounds like a great idea. I wonder what other conferences are attended by several on this list? We're scattered so widely both in area and in what we do that there's no conference we'd all be at; but, for the same reason, I suspect that there are a number of different conferences that more than one of us go to.