market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Bayer and EPA break the law

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wyatt Jones" <wyatt_jones AT netzero.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Bayer and EPA break the law
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 11:29:03 -0500

Geez one doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to know that there is something seriously wrong with allowing this product on the market and saying there is no definitive proof that its killing bees is NO defense.   If its not killing bees let BAYER PROVE it, its their responsibility, not OURS and from what I've seen they haven't even tried to do that.

I've raised bees though I'm admittedly no expert.  That being said, Bayer should be forced to take their product OFF the market as they have not passed the burden of proof that it is safe after all it IS their burden under the law and the EPA should do their job and force it off the market until they do!!.
The fact that they haven't is extremely suspicious to say the least and grounds on its own to believe they are concealing something they don't want known.   Anything less is just plain irresponsible and any defense of anything else is just plain ignorant support of corporate greed at all of our expense.  Of course the EPA probably should be called the CPA (corporation protection agency) as that seems to be their motives by the look of their actions in pretty much all they do.  Maybe there isn't any definitive proof that the pesticide is specifically causing bee deaths but being that it is an insecticide and bee ARE insects, it isn't much of a stretch to conclude that its likely to kill bees, especially without any hard evidence to the contrary.  Its irresponsible to allow anyone to allow a poisonous product to be marketed when there is no PROOF it is safe.  It shouldn't be the public's responsibility whatsoever to prove that this product is safe, if the corporation doesn't live up to its responsibility it should not only have to pull the product from the market it should be fined and if it does that sort of a thing on a continuing basis it shouldn't be allowed to do business at all!!!  Of course that isn't the reality of the character of our government's so called enforcement.  You can argue all the semantics you want but one doesn't need proof that this product is killing bees to know conclusively that it should be taken off the market as it is an illegal product that hasn't passed that crucial burden of proof that its safe for ANY use!!.

If it looks like a skunk and smells like a skunk its probably a skunk.

Obama Urges Homeowners to Refinance
SeeRefinanceRates.com