market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Kernza; Re: Growing Small Grains for CSA and Market

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KAKerby AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Kernza; Re: Growing Small Grains for CSA and Market
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2011 00:28:53 -0500 (EST)

Interesting.  We ran into a variety of oats, purchased from Peaceful Valley Farm Supply in California, that appeared to be perennial.  It resprouted after cutting the mature heads of grain.  Not just one or two stalks but entire sections of planting area.  I wondered if that was something new or if that had been known for awhile.  I'll have to check to see if any of our seed this year does the same thing.

Leslie - say hi to Salina for me.  Family friends hail from there; not too many folks can say they're from Salina.
Kathryn Kerby
frogchorusfarm.com
Snohomish, WA