market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Sunchokes aka Jerusalem artichokes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Bobbett <bobbett AT windstream.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Sunchokes aka Jerusalem artichokes
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 12:59:39 -0500

Richard Moyer wrote:

Looking to buy some of these, ideally a strain (if such exist) that
would do well in mid-Atlantic/Southern Appalachian Highlands.

I'm in KY and have been growing them for seven years. The stock I have (don't know the variety) came to me from NJ through TN (I grew them first in NJ for 3-4 yrs, sent some off to TN, moved to KY, and she sent me some stock back since I moved in January and couldn't dig them in NJ at that time of year).

I sell mine each Fall starting around mid-October. I'm usually sold out in 3-4 wks. How many tubers are you looking for? I could put you at the top of my list for next year if you want to wait that long.

Bobbett, KY zone 6
http://www.localharvest.org/farms/M19189