market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] AgSquared Farm Planning Software

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] AgSquared Farm Planning Software
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 11:27:42 -0500

On Dec 22, 2010, at 11:01 AM, William H Shoemaker wrote:

Thanks for sharing this news Deb. I visited their site and ran the demo. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it looked well organized and user friendly. It looks like it could be a powerful tool for market farming. I looked at the profiles of the developers too. They seem sincerely interested in developing this product for this industry for altruistic reasons. I suspect that the initial product may become a platform for other features that could be added on, like marketing, pest management, greenhouse operations, etc. They may be setting it up as for-pay later, but it certainly has value, so that may not be limiting. I’d recommend anyone on this list give it a look.

Bill
William H. Shoemaker

Interesting. And, I gather, totally inaccessable if my internet connection is down; which happens here from time to time, even when the power's on.

Also, wouldn't all your records disappear if their site went down for any reason, even if connections were otherwise working?

Of course, I'm a person who's much happier once my field plans, schedules, etc are printed out, even if I do usually access them on the computer instead. I like knowing that I can get at them in a power outage. I know that there are those who are entirely happy with all their records in the cloud.