market-farming - [Market-farming] Row Covers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pamela Crowe <sustainableharvestsc AT gmail.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Row Covers
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 12:20:19 -0500

I am beginning to appreciate what Northern farmers face on a regular basis. The weather right now in the lower Southeast US is awful. The wind has been treacherous. I ended up trying to retrieve my row covers this morning out of trees on the adjacent property. There is little hope that what was covered will make it now.

Do you guys normally use a roping system to hold these row covers in place? Does that pretty much guarantee the covers will stay?

Pam
SC