market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Winstrip trays

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Thomas Kumpf <tjkumpf AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Winstrip trays
  • Date: Sun, 7 Nov 2010 19:01:18 -0800 (PST)

Van Wingerden International
828-891-4116; Horse Shoe, NC
Winstrip trays

Country Farm & Home Supply
Melinda Fitzgerald
101 South Small Street, Pittsboro, NC 27312 (919) 542-3353

Try these guys, however some growers in Western NC were trying to organize an
order with some other folks last year and did so but I'm not sure on the
numbers....I have heard that Van Wingerden will only bring in a shipping
container and that holds 15,000 trays, the cost is somewhere in the $3/tray
or so. Years ago they were just under $2. I have used Winstrips and gave
them up to just use soil blocks. Our farm pumps out about 50,000+
transplants a year with no trouble using the standup block makers from
Johnny's seeds. I own four of them and they will never wear out and we put
our blocks in standard 1020 trays with drain holes which then go inside a
cheaper web flat to provide rigidity.
Contact Melinda above first as she was part of this group order I mentioned
earlier.

Tom Kumpf, Double T Farm, Raleigh, NC