market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Sidedressing Fish Meal through a Gandy Box

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <sunnfarm AT netscape.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Sidedressing Fish Meal through a Gandy Box
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 10:25:28 -0700

Ok, Thats completely different. I have one and yes it will work if the
material is finely ground. They were designed as granular pesticide (not
fertilizer)applicators attached to a tool bar on a corn planter, which is how
I used mine. I never applied fertilizer with it. The agitator inside the
hopper might wear out if the material is very gritty. One problem you might
have is if your Cub has the old 6 volt system it may not turn the 12 volt
motor on the gandy. The gold standard of sidedressing with a Cub is the IH
built sidedresser made for the Cub and A-140 tractors. These are superior to
Gandy, buy one of them instead you will not be disappointed... Bob.