market-farming - [Market-farming] Tilling

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Sundari Elizabeth Kraft <sundari93 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Tilling
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 21:13:19 -0700 (PDT)

Hello everyone,

I'm a newcomer to the list, and I've really been enjoying the discussions. They're very informative.

I am curious to learn from all of you whether or not you till your land, and why (or why not). If you could, please also let me know how much land you are farming so I can have some context for your answer.

The sustainable community in my city generally frowns on tilling. However, I've found it helpful, though I only till twice a year. I am growing biointensively on a little more than half an acre.

Thanks,
Sundari

---
Heirloom Gardens, LLC.