market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] When to dig and sell leeks

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Andy Fellenz <fellenz AT fltg.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] When to dig and sell leeks
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2010 12:56:09 -0400

Anytime after Labor Day they will probably sell OK. People seem to think that as soon as Labor Day is past it is time to buy fall vegetables.

Andy

Richard Robinson wrote:
I have a nice little crop of leeks in the garden, and i am wondering about
timing for digging and selling. Many of them are ready to dig now--stems at
least an inch think--but I wonder if customers really want to buy them before
the weather turns cold. Any advice on the best time to dig and sell them?

--
Richard Robinson
www.nasw.org/users/rrobinson/