market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Tomato harvesting ---price canners

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <clearviewfarm AT bluefrog.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Tomato harvesting ---price canners
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 08:35:51 -0700

I sold a peck basket of organic paste tomatoes for $10 at market on Sunday and she was glad to get them.  Most were in great shape.  Very few had a trimmable spot here or there.  I don't know how many others would pay the price.  Due to our wet weather, I am getting lots of heirlooms "cracks".

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522