market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] watermelon radishes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: E C GRANATA <elainegranata AT msn.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] watermelon radishes
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 07:24:54 -0600

I left them in till they bolted and flowered, than finally gave up and tore them out for my next crop.

Elaine

From: organic87 AT frontiernet.net
To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 08:37:03 -0400

On Aug 19, 2010, at 12:31 AM, E C GRANATA wrote:

Folks:  Is there something I don't know about growing these?  I planted an 8' row as an expeiment and got 2 radishes to size up-- the rest had lovely greens, but no radish of which to speak.

They take longer to size up than regular radishes. Maybe you didn't give them long enough?

The first year I grew them I thought they weren't going to do anything; but they eventually did. They will get quite large (though I wouldn't wait to see whether they'll actually reach watermelon size) -- and I thought the tops were more like turnip tops than radish tops.

_______________________________________________ Market-farming mailing list Market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/listinfo/market-farming Market Farming List Archives may be found here: http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/market-farming/ Unsubscribe from the list here (you will need to login in with your email address and password): http://lists.ibiblio.org/mailman/options/market-farming