market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Zucchini problem

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "waldenfarm" <waldenfarm AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Zucchini problem
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 09:40:50 -0400

Same here. The 4 varieties of squash, 2 yellow & 2 zukes, started slow after female flowers appeared and produced some. Then it looks like they've reverted to male blossoms. I irrigate and the plants are big and healthy looking- no chemical fertilizers.

This is the first time I've seen this. Usually, once we start harvesting we have to pick every day to keep up with it. The only thing different this year has been the high temperatures.

Alex
Walden, TN

----- Original Message ----- From: <cjmaness AT juno.com>